Monday, September 22, 2008

Bitter Peas Face



When I went back to work a few weeks ago, Gracie was progressing nicely through the flavors of baby food. She had mastered rice cereal, was fine with peas, and could deal with green beans. When I say "could deal with" I basically mean she'd eat them, but between each spoonful she'd give me what Brian refers to as the "bitter beer face," if you remember those commercials. She started that way with each flavor though, so I figured she'd grow out of it.
Now Brian is the feeder, since I am at work at lunchtime. He has admitted to me that he can handle dealing with the shots at the doc's office, but not "bitter beer face." So, he has moved on to fruits. Boo! Doc said veggies first so she doesn't get used to the sweetness of fruit and refuse to eat veggies! This weekend I decided to rewind and remind her about peas. It didn't go very well...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

have you tried the airplane?

erin said...

Green beans at our house looks an awful lot like this!

Nana Jo said...

How about all of those other veggies? I bet she likes carrots! Nanna Jo