Friday, October 17, 2008

Feeding Frustrations and Sleeping Woes


Ugg, what a week.

I have been having a lot of problems pumping enough milk for Gracie. We go day to day, and whatever I pump today, she drinks tomorrow. I typically only get 2 ounces out, wich sucks. She does still nurse in the morning, when I get home from work, and before bed so I'm not too concerned, but it's frustrating. Tuesday I didn't get any out. Thursday she woke up really early so I thought I'd be able to get her more than usual but when I got all set up to pump, it didn't work. My pump is broken. I am so bummed. Why couldn't it have broken last week? You know, when we had a coupon for 20% off? That would have been thoughful. If any of you are done with yours and will let me buy it off ya, let me know. I don't really want to spend the money on a new one.

If that's not enough,

Gracie is WAY off her sleeping schedule. Thursday night she woke at 3 am. This morning she waited until 5 am. Tonight she got sleepy and crabby at 5:30 pm. So, like a good momma, I put her to bed and told her it was just a nap, not for the night-that's WAY too early! She woke up at 6:30, but went back to bed by 6:45 just to wake up again at 8:00. This crazy girl then stayed up until 9:00 and went back to bed. So much for quality momma/baby time!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

What part of the pump broke? Perhaps you could just replace a part? I had to replace the AC adapter, but it was much cheaper than a whole new pump!

Jodi said...

I don't know for sure. I was using the adapter, and it was getting power. Instead of actually pumping, it kinda tickled. I thought maybe it just needed a little time to suction on, but it was the same for about 20 minute.

Elara, Tony & Julie said...

You could try mixing half breast milk and half forumula too. Maybe Gracie would start taking some formula that way.

erin said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Jodi!

Cara said...

This too shall pass..... I am sure it is just a phase.
I have been blessed with an abundant milk supply, but give yourself some credit for making it this long.....