Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 32

I met my new doctor the week after we moved here, and I really like him. I had concerns about delivering at Hudson Hospital, as I've heard a few "horror" stories lately but meeting him and talking to my mom-in-law (who is an ER nurse there) relieved most of those fears. I figure no matter where I go there will be a few little fears in the back of my mind-it kind of goes with the territory of being in a hospital. With no email and all the chaos of moving, I haven't been completely focused on being prego so I was a but overwhelmed when I got email back and saw one from BabyCenter stating that I'm now at 32 weeks! Holy cow! This baby could be here as early as five weeks from now! (I know, technically she can come whenever she wants, but I'll be full term in only five weeks, so she's not allowed to come before then!). Brianna has been moving a lot lately, with the most movement starting when I lay down to go to bed (of course). Daddy and Josey have both felt her move, and Gracie felt her when sitting on my lap-she gave my belly the funniest look!

Here's what BabyCenter has to say:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments: