Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 38

Two weeks until Brianna's due date! I'm amazed. I was kind of hoping that she would make an appearance this weekend, but that seems to be a long shot. I had my check up today, and my belly is 37cm-pretty much the same as last week. Bri is head down-as she has been at least since we moved-and she tends to hang out on my right side. I had the doctor check her progress, and he said she is still pretty high. I am about 50% thinned, but only dilated to between 1 and 2. He said the good news is if she doesn't come on her own, she is in a great position for inducing her, and because I'm already thinned it should go well. I really don't like the thought of being induced, but I guess I really don't have a say in that decision!

BabyCenter Says:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

3 comments:

Carrie A said...

Hun, you have a say in it..if you don't want to be induced, tell your doc you want to wait to go on your own. Ask how long they will wait before they will induce. My clinic wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks. But I was ready to be induced, i was practically begging. Lol!

Jodi said...

I don't know that I am opposed to being induced, as much as I'm a bit scared of it. I've heard it's harder, longer, and more painful to be induced!

erin said...

I doubt it will even be an issue! I think she's coming early! :)