Monday, January 31, 2011

Ultrasound Day!

Today was my 20 week developmental ultrasound. I was a little nervous going in, as I am 19 weeks and when I had this same ultrasound with Bee at 18 weeks they couldn't see her heart. It was very stressful to have to go in for another ultrasound at 20 weeks, find out they STILL couldn't see her heart (worried momma at that point!!), and needed another ultrasound at 24 weeks. I really wanted to know our baby's gender too. That was another thing they were not certain about until the third ultrasound with Brianna. Granted, that was a different clinic, and an ultrasound tech. This was with a doctor-which surprised me, as I've always had a tech running the machine. Turns out baby's doing great. Developmentally, right on track for the estimated gestational age. The doc did say that judging by today's measurements, the machine gave me a June 20th due date, which is close enough to my previous June 24th date to not change baby's due date. That entertains me, as my birthday is the 22nd. Right in the middle. Maybe I'll get the ultimate birthday gift! I had planned on posting beautiful ultrasound photos to announce baby's gender, but they were out of CDs (I'll get one next appointment). I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer/copier/scanner, but it won't scan the photos I received. sigh. I guess I'll just have to add those to a later post and tell you all we are having a healthy, wonderful baby boy! We have had the perfect name selected for this little one since before Gracie was born, but Daddy wishes for it to remain a secret until he joins us in June. So if you are one of the few that know, SHHH! We are very excited for our little boy to complete our family.

5 comments:

Josephine Marie said...

I am so happy for you guys. I love all 5 of you guys and miss u tons!!!

Josephine Marie said...

I am so happy for you guys. I love all 5 of you guys and miss u tons!!!

erin said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

YAY BOY!! Gracie knew all along!

Unknown said...

Are you going to want to hit up those Munchkin Markets and the ECFE sale coming up?