Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week 39 Appointment

The END is in sight! I had a pretty normal visit, but got lots of good answers-finally! My blood pressure was 122/76, and Gracie's heartbeat was 138-141. My tummy has grown another centimeter. The doc found her heartbeat at my bellybutton again, and said she'll probably be a long baby. Which makes sense, since Brian and I are both so tall. Wait. . .
I am now two centimeters dilated, and the doc is on call again on Friday. A new goal :) I haven't felt any full, painful contractions, but I have had some tightening in the top of my stomach which is good. Doc said sometimes it helps women who are anxious like me to have an end date, so she told me that if Gracie tries to stay put, we will be inducing on St. Pat's Day (March 17th). She's SO right, I feel better already knowing that it won't go more than another 2 1/2 weeks!
The medical assistant that showed me to my exam room was telling me that there's a place on the foot that will induce labor. She didn't know exactly where, but said I should go get a pedicure! I'm thinkin' I need a nice, long, thorough foot rub tonight!

Next appointment, if needed: March 10th, 2:55 p.m.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

put your man to work!! we need that baby to come out!

erin said...

Yay!!!
I'll let you know how my appointment goes tomorrow!