Sunday, March 2, 2008

Frustration

I know that I still technically have eight days until my due date. I know she could be up to two weeks late. So why am I so antsy? I think I was so set on the idea that she would be early that I feel later than we are. It doesn't help that I've had so many signs that she's coming-and then nothing. First she dropped so early that the doctor lectured her to stay in for two more weeks. Then I started dilating early and thought I was on track to be a couple of weeks early. But that seemed to freeze, with no change between weeks 37 and 38. This weekend was my doctor's on call weekend, and we are driving a half hour to a hospital in Oconomowoc just because that's where she delivers-I can see Waukesha's hospital from my living room. When I lost my mucous plugg on Friday, I really thought we'd get to have my doctor deliver her. I guess not. I'm apparently getting snippy, as Brian and I are bickering. To top it all off, my sub still hasn't bothered to come in to the school and see what's going on in my classroom. I know she's been teaching at Mukwonago longer than I have-but the art show is March 18th!! She needs to know where I'm leaving off so every kids gets something in the show. I'm going crazy, and I just want to have the baby so that I won't have to think about anything else for six whole weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hang in there sweetie. people that have had babies here at work said once your plug comes out it isn't much longer. I'll be waiting for that text message!

erin said...

Confession.
I've tried 3 times to read this post, but my anxiety level is too high already.
My BP goes up just TRYING to read it.
I'm sorry.