Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gracie Loves Mary

We arrived home from Minnesota Sunday evening and the whole family was playing on the couch. Mary, our cat was sitting by daddy and suddenly got up and sat between me and the back of the couch. Gracie was on my lap, and when she saw Mary her face lit up and she lunged towards her. While petting her she screeched "Kit. E!" Shocked, daddy and I looked at each other. He was convinced it was a fluke, and a minute or two later she quietly said "kit. e." Daddy is still convinced that she was just practicing her sounds and "got lucky." I am not so convinced of that. At three this morning I was nursing Gracie when she caught sight of Mary and smiling, said "kitty." I'm thinking the odds that she "got lucky" three times in three days, all while seeing the cat are slim. I think Gracie loves Mary.


You can't see me!


Best friends since the beginning.


Pssst. Mary!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

need video confirmation...I'll wait.

Jodi said...

That is a TALL order! She doesn't say it on command!