Friday, March 18, 2011

Pregnancy

I remember being pregnant with Gracie and shopping at Babies R Us with my husband. I saw maternity supports and thought "who would be so whimpy they'd need one of those?" Turns out, I am that whimpy. During spring break last week I pushed myself too far. I've been trying to get through all the girls' clothes and price them for a consignment sale next month, plus regular chores, and reorganizing here and there to make our home more efficient. There were several days that I ended up almost in tears, my hips and pelvis hurt so much by the evening. It's way too early to be in this much pain! I was nervous about going back to work, and after a couple days this week I broke down and bought a support. I feel silly wearing it, but so far it has helped. I really hope I can make it all the way to the end of this pregnancy. I can't afford to miss even a day of work!
On a completely unrelated side note, doesn't that model look like Ashley Tisdale?

1 comment:

erin said...

I made my own lightweight "girdle" (for lack of a better word) with Shirley. I wore it with Richard, too. It just helped carry the weight of the baby for me. Plus, I think it helps keep those muscles from giving up completely.
Not wimpy. Smart. :)