Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brian's Outfit

Brian worked last night, which usually means I don't get to talk to him, as I go to bed around nine and he gets home around ten. However, I was running a little late and had just crawled into bed when I heard his key in the door. He came into the bedroom and said "Do you want to see what I got Gracie?" Now, this is only the second time he has come home from work with something for the baby (he works at Toys 'R' Us/Kids 'R' Us). Last time it was a bunch of clearance clothes. Now, to understand how sweet this is, you have to know that we are huge baseball fans. Since I know many of you are not, you have to know a couple of baseball terms. An official baseball is white leather with red stitches that travel around the ball. In two spots, the laces get farther apart from each other, making two panels. There are also two spots where the laces get close together. One of those spots has the official MLB stamp with the comissioner's signature on it, and the other is blank. The blank spot is known to autograph seekers as the ball's "sweet spot." An autograph in the sweet spot is generally harder to get because many players have autograph contracts to only sign there for a particular company-thus making it more rare, and worth more money. Brian told me they had gotten a bunch of new Brewers outfits in stock , and he couldn't resist this one. He pulls this little outfit out from behind his back and says, "Look, her belly is her sweet spot!" Hopefully you can see the gray stitching on the sides of the outfit that make her belly the "ball's" sweet spot. Brian then put it on my stomach an rubbed the sweet spot and gave it a kiss.

6 comments:

Carrie A said...

Oh that is so cute!!! I love that outfit! What a sweet guy you have!

Carrie A said...

OOh!! You need to have Shouse sign her "Sweet Spot" and keep the outfit once she's out grown it!

Jodi said...

I said the same thing about Shouse to Brian!

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh that is ADORABLE! I love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the clarification of the "sweet spot". At first I was reading it going-I know what a baseball looks like! Brian is such a sweetie. Isn't it great to see a guy go to mush over their little girls.

erin said...

How funny. What a thoughtful guy.
I just love it.