Saturday, July 12, 2008

Check Up

Gracie had her four month check up on her four month birthday, the ninth. She is doing well, and as we suspected, is growing quickly! She was 14 lbs. 4 oz (80th percentile) and 24 1/2" long (70th percentile). We were given the bittersweet approval to start rice cereal and continue introducing new foods, starting with green veggies. Brian brought the cereal home from work last night, and I hope to give her some when she gets up from her nap. She also got more vaccinations, which left her very tuckered out after a long series of tears. However, I made Daddy come with me this time, so he took care of that! The picture is of her about an hour after her appointment-worn out from crying.

3 comments:

erin said...

Poor baby!
How did the rice cereal go? I'm hoping to hold out for 6 months.

Meghan said...

Hunter hated the rice cereal, but loved Oatmeal! Be patient, they generally hate the new textures at first! I can't believe she's getting so big- Hunter weighed that much at 6 months (he's a peanut), but was 26 1/2 inches long! I think he's started to pack on the pounds now!

Jodi said...

She has tried the cereal once, and spit it out. We got smaller spoons and I'm hoping that will help.
She's huge! Lots of her clothes that she's wearing are already 6-9 months!