Sunday, July 25, 2010

Say Your Prayers

For the last couple of months, I have been working in the two-year-old nursery at our church. I bring Gracie with me and love to watch her learn and interact with the other children. I've enjoyed knowing what goes on in our nursery, and being able to make connections at home. For example, they use antibacterial hand wash before snack time and today we were at a petting zoo. After petting the animals, I gave Gracie a drop of hand wash and asked her to rub it in "just like we do at church." We also have conversational prayer before snack each week in the nursery. A couple of weeks ago I decided to start praying with her before bed. A few days later, she asked Daddy to join us for our nightly prayer. Last week, Daddy was praying for us when she interrupted to thank God for "Grandma. Grandpa. Mama. Thank you God. Amen." Since then, she has been in charge of our evening prayer, with a few prompts from Mom and Dad. I recorded it tonight. She was a little camera shy, but this is essentially what we do before bed each night.


No comments: