Saturday, October 29, 2011

Two Years and Four Months

My two little ones had their well child exams yesterday. I don't know what I was thinking, making it a block appointment at a time when Daddy couldn't come with. NIGHTMARE!! Anyway, they are both doing awesome, and got flying colors from the doc. Bee weighs in at a whopping 27 pounds and is 34" tall, both of which are about the 50th percentile. I got a kick out of some of the questions. I guess I didn't realize that she's ahead of a normal two-year-old in so many ways. Not that she's "gifted" or anything, just that she wants to do everything Gracie does. The doc asked questions like "do you think she has at least 50 words in her vocabulary?" More like 50,000~ the girl is never quiet! And, "does she show signs of wanting to use a fork and spoon?" She's been using those for about a year now. "Can she make a motion like brushing her teeth?" She brushes her teeth twice a day, and would another 10 times if I let her.
 Jerry also had his checkup. He now weighs in at 14 pounds, 14 ounces which is about the 25th percentile. He is 24 1/2" long (25th percentile) and his head circumference is 43 cm (90th percentile). The doc said he looks chubby but is actually very proportionate. 


The pinnacle of the appointment was when both kids were due to get two shots. Brianna's was the worst, and her look of betrayal at me had me tearing up. Her sad little "owie, momma" topped it off. The baby gave a similar look, but was much quicker to be consoled. I'm thankful that Gracie and Bee are both up to date on their shots and won't need any until their five year checkups. I'll just have to send the baby with Daddy for the next couple.

No comments: