Friday, April 11, 2008

Milestones

Gracie hates Tummy Time. We have to put her on her side and slowly move her onto her tummy to avoid the screams. However, if we use daddy's tummy instead of the floor, she's OK with it. She has been working really hard with daddy to gain control of her neck muscles, and can actually hold her head up on her own for over a minute already!She has also found her fingers. It's fun to watch her. The other day she was a little fussy, and she'd let out a little whimper and then stick her fingers in her mouth and suck a few times. The process repeated over and over. I keep waiting for her to put her thumb in. I was quite a thumb sucker, so I would not be surprised to see her sucking away. I haven't been able to get a picture of her sucking her fingers, as it happens so quickly, by the time I got the camera she was done.

3 comments:

Al said...

Andrew used to scream until he fell asleep. Ronnie sometimes would get on the floor and look at him, then look around as if to say, "Isn't someone going to do something"?

erin said...

I fully support thumb sucking!

Unknown said...

holding her head up already-I just saw her last week-she is growing up so fast :)