Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Stolen Day

Gracie and I had a great day together. We went to USA Baby, and they are hosting a Cutest Baby contest in conjunction with a local photographer. I walked in and they said "Do you have the cutest baby?" I turned her carrier around and said "Why, yes I do." They all agreed (like they're going to disagree with a mom saying that!). They took a bunch of photos of her. The photographer was great, making funny faces and noises to get her to make faces at him. Too bad they are so expensive, or I'd take her back. They will have four pictures of her up on their site to vote for the cutest baby. For entering the contest I get a free 8X10 of her and if she wins the contest, we will get a prize package "worth $1000." The pics will be up May 5th, and I'll put the link on here if anyone is willing to vote again. We also went to Target and got her birth announcements and then came home to take a nap together.
While we were savoring our day, I was thinking about how much God helped me out with this maternity leave. I only had six weeks of sick time banked at the school, and he put her birthday in just the right place so that the time would be over spring break and Good Friday, giving me an extra eight days to enjoy her. I am so thankful-I can't imagine how much harder it would have been to leave her eight work days ago.

5 comments:

Al said...

Is Brian able to take care of her during the day, Jodi?

Jodi said...

Mostly. He is working overnights right now, remodeling the TRU in Racine. We have a babysitter come twice a week so he can sleep, otherwise it's a day with daddy.

Al said...

How many times can they remodel these stores?

Jodi said...

I know, it's crazy. They are going back to aisles and making the store half TRU and half BRU.

Al said...

Heh. Everything old is new again.

That will surely turn it all around.