Saturday, April 25, 2009

Week 16

This week has been pretty uneventful as far as Broster is concerned. I have been feeling the baby move for about the last four weeks, but not often. I can't wait until it is more often as I love to feel the baby move! I have been craving junk food like crazy, and have to force myself to try and eat better foods to help the baby's development. I have my next doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon, and was told I get to have my developmental ultrasound at 17 weeks. I am really excited for the ultrasound and do plan on finding out the gender, if Broster cooperates. I was able to sell our computer desk on craigslist and they will be picking it up tomorrow, giving us room to set up the pack n play as a bassinet for Broster to sleep in. Gracie has started standing up in her crib, so she may be getting ready to move into a toddler bed, which could be perfect timing depending on how big Broster is! The bassinet doesn't allow for too much weight in it. For now the kids will be sharing a room, but who knows what the future holds as we are looking for jobs back home and if that doesn't pan out will start looking for a house. Either way, I'd like to have a home within 2009 with Obama's housing stimulus to motivate us to finally take the plunge. I have been looking casually at what is near here and think we can get a decent sized home under our figure that we can supposedly "afford." I never trust those numbers! I am looking forward to knowing the baby's gender just as garage sale season starts. If Broster is a boy, we will need to stock up on clothes that are not pink or dresses!

Here's what BabyCenter.com has to say about week 16:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments: