Sunday, May 18, 2008

4 a.m. Feeding

Saturday at 4 a.m. I awoke to Gracie crying and went into her room. I changed her diaper and brought her to the rocking chair to feed her. While she was chowing down, I started to think about what I needed to get done over the weekend. There wasn't much, so I began dreaming about a restful couple of days. Since going back to work, I have been relying on the weekends to catch up on rest, and it hasn't been going very well. I've been back for three weeks, and the first weekend I was sick and the second weekend the rest of the fam was sick. So there I was, dreaming about an afternoon laying on the couch napping with Gracie when the fire alarm goes off! I kid you not, at first I didn't know what the weird beeping was and it dawned on me it was coming from the hallway. I stopped Gracie, got dressed, and went into the hallway. No smoke, fire, or evacuating neighbors. I decided since we are on the first floor and have a sliding glass door I'd wait on an evac. After all, it would be quite challenging to get the kid and cat out alone without loosing the four legged one. Long story short, Gracie got to see her first fire truck-complete with lights and siren, and didn't get back to bed until about five thirty. There truly is no rest for the weary.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

your boob should not be referred to as chowing down-that's just wrong.

Unknown said...

I never noticed the daddy nicknames on the side until today-I like Baconhead and Wiggle Bean.

Carrie A said...

I agree with Carrie's first post, it just sounds so odd! I'm assuming no actual fire? Everyone's fine?

Jodi said...

I just added the nicknames. He is constantly thinking of new ones and they always entertain me!

Jodi said...

Yeah, false alarm.