Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Antlers

Last night Gracie got fussy around 8:30 so I took her to her room to settle her down for the night. After changing her diaper and bringing her to the rocker she got really upset. She was producing ear-splitting screams like I've never heard from her. Daddy knew I had a headache, so he came in to try some of his magic on her, but even that didn't work. After he gave up I tried again and got her settled enough to eat, which settled her the rest of the way. As she was finally starting to make her cute falling asleep noises, Brian came back into the room. He started stalking toward Gracie and as he got close he stuck his tounge out like he was going to lick her (don't laugh, he's done it before!). I held up my hand and said "Don't you dare, she's finally falling asleep and if you wake her up I will hurt. you." He laughed and said "Oh, a mommy deer with antlers, huh?" I smiled sweetly to him and corrected him; "A mommy deer that hasn't slept in two days-with antlers." He looked from me to the baby a couple times and then slowly backed out of the room talking in soothing tones about how he planned on doing the laundry today. Good choice, Daddy.

No comments: